We understand that life can throw a few curve balls from time to time. If you find yourself unable
to reasonably keep up your Laybuy repayments, we have dedicated Customer Support and
Hardship teams who are on hand to help provide options.
A period of financial hardship is often temporary and, given time, most customers will overcome
their financial difficulties.
We understand that situations may arise from time to time that will impact your ability to pay
your ongoing obligation to Laybuy. Common events contributing to financial hardship may
● Injury or illness;
● Emergency events or natural disasters;
● Personal changes in income or expenditure;
● Changes in employment status, or
● Significant life events such as a relationship breakdown or death in the family.
Our hardship team is available to discuss individual circumstances and answer any questions
you might have. We understand everyone’s needs are different, so we assess each application
on a case-by-case basis.
Information we will need:
● The circumstances surrounding your situation;
● What amounts you can repay in the meantime and when can you commence making
these payments; and
● How long do you foresee the situation lasting?
Please note that in some cases we will request proof of hardship as part of your hardship
Based on the information you provide we will look to consider providing a payment deferral or a
hardship relief period.
Please note that as Laybuy is a short-term financial service we do not offer long-term repayment options or offer payment plans.
To apply for Hardship support please please complete the ‘Help with Hardship Support’ form
via Submit a Request