Shopify are updating their integration and that means we need to update too
Shopify are making some changes to how they accept payments from BNPL providers, including Laybuy, from 31 July 2022.
The new Laybuy App is now available in the Shopify Marketplace. Download and install the new app today and you’ll be ready to go. Easy.
Any questions, let us know. We’re here to help!
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the new app be available and where do I go to download it?
Good news! The new Laybuy App for Shopify is available right now on the app marketplace. You can find it here.
What steps should I take to install the new Laybuy App for Shopify?
Checkout Page Payment Method:
- To download and install our Shopify plugin, please follow the link here.
- Click 'Add App' -> (Select your store) -> 'Install App'.
- Login to your Laybuy Merchant Account through the details provided during sign up (or any active staff account). Success! We have automatically connect your Laybuy account to your Shopify store.
- Select 'Take me to Shopify' -> (Make sure you untick the “Test Mode” option) hit "Activate Laybuy Payments” and Laybuy will now be an option at checkout.
If you are currently using the previous Laybuy payment method, please ensure to deactivate/uninstall your original Laybuy payment method before 31st July 2022. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings > Payments
- Find the existing 'Laybuy' payment method (this includes a message with the deactivation date) in the 'Additional payment methods' section and click on 'Manage'.
- Click on the 'Deactivate Laybuy' button.
Should I deactivate my current Laybuy app?
You can deactivate the previous version of the Laybuy app only after you've downloaded and set up the new version. Until that point, do not deactivate your current app to continue to process transactions through the Laybuy integration with Shopify.
Note, if you do not switch over to the new app before 31 July, 2022, Shopify will deactivate your current version and you won't be able to process transactions until you've downloaded and integrated the new Laybuy App through the Shopify App Marketplace.
Why do I need this?
Shopify are making some changes to how they accept payments from BNPL providers that require providers to update their payment apps.
These changes are positive and allow us to build a more stable payments app for your business, giving your customers an easy way to Pay in 6. They will also allow you to test payments to ensure your customers' payments are being processed properly.
What happens if I don't update?
If you don't update to the new app, your current app will be deactivated and your customers won't be able to Pay by Laybuy through Shopify for their next purchase.
The new Laybuy app needs to be installed and integrated into your Shopify account for transactions to take place through Laybuy.
What API keys should I use?
If you receive an error “invalid public/private key”, and you are unable to save after inputting your API keys, it’s likely you have not added valid API keys in the production or sandbox tab.
To complete the installation successfully, you need to input your live (production) Public & Private Keys, or test (sandbox) Public & Private Keys, or both.
If you need any help, please let us know.
Why can’t I save my configuration?
If you receive an error “invalid public/private key” and you are unable to save after inputting your API keys, it’s likely you have not added valid API keys in the production or sandbox tab.
To complete the installation successfully you are required to input your live (production) Public & Private Keys, or test (sandbox) Public & Private Keys, or both.
I've installed the new app properly, but Laybuy is not available
To successfully install and set up the Laybuy payment app, the steps found in our integration guide must be completed from the account owner Shopify profile. Unfortunately, staff users and collaborators cannot complete this task.
If you arere still having issues, please get in touch with our support team so we can help.
How can I test if Laybuy Payment app is integrated correctly?
When you have completed the integration and are looking to test if it’s working, there are 2 ways to do this.
- Run through a test order on your website, and select Laybuy at checkout, if you are redirected to the Laybuy login screen you have completed the integration correctly. Note: Test mode must NOT be enabled for this test.
- If you provided your sandbox keys during the installation step, you will be able to fully test the checkout by completing a full transaction with a sandbox customer account.
If you need help on any of the steps, please fill out our online form here